Custom pens for the bosses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

I just finished up these pens for my general manager Kim at Central Market where I work as an appreciation for letting me display them in the store. She has left me display and sell my pens at the store for the past 10 months. Have sold over 85 pens so far. We have an area in the cafe seating area where local artist display their artwork for two months at a time. Beings I work there and have given a few free pens to the right people, I've been able to keep my pens up on display.

So today I presented her with one of the three pens I made with the Central Market logo and name engraved on the custom mixed green color alumilite pen. She loved the pen.
Said she was going to put it on display in her case in office with other awards she had gotten.

I also made one for the owner Charles (who owns all the H.E.B. stores and Central Markets, about 100 stores) and one for Stephen (his nephew) who runs the Central Markets.

I have to give a big thanks to some members of the IAP who helped me out with this project.
Eugene "ElMostro" who mixed the green alumilite for me and Ken of KallenshaanWoods who engraved the pens for me. All I did was turn and assemble them.

Here are a quick few photos I took before I deliveried them.

Thanks, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 427
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

These look awesome! Eugene is an amazing guy to do business with and he's always willing to help others out in a moment of need. I do have a question for you though regarding the engraving. Was this done with a laser and then filled with the gold paint? Did you later apply a CA finish? Just wondering.

el_d

Great job Keith,

It's kinda sad that beautiful pen will be placed in a trophy case(which is where it belongs)but I would like to see it being used and shown off to everyone.

My wife work in the Lockhart HEB and the boss brought me a few antlers, needless to say he got a nice antler vertex out of it.

mrburls

These look awesome! Eugene is an amazing guy to do business with and he's always willing to help others out in a moment of need. I do have a question for you though regarding the engraving. Was this done with a laser and then filled with the gold paint? Did you later apply a CA finish? Just wondering.

Was first finished with a CA finish and pen completely put together, totally finished pen. Then I sent pens to Ken at KallenshaanWoods to be engraved. After the engraving he filled them for me also with a perment acrylic paint.

This was the first time I sent anything to Ken and it certainly won't be the last when I need something engraved. He did a SUPER job. :good::good: And he is quick about.

Keith "mrburls"

ctubbs

Beautiful work, Keith. I agree that it is a shame to put such good work behind glass to never be used in its intended purpose. However, it is an honor to be kept so highly prized.
Charles

Top Bottom