Custom mutt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

Got some blanks from Eugene recently and wanted to make another custom pen with mutt blanks. These were the only two that matched (it was a random box). Half the blank the cap is made from was so well stabilised it took threads really well. I still doused the inside with CA and re-threaded after anyway.
Still not sure on the section which is a spare I had for a Roman Harvest. Tried a black one and a grey one and they didn't look right.
Fitted with a JoWo fine nib.
IMG_1319_8x6.jpgIMG_1320_8x6.jpgIMG_1321_8x6.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Very cool! Maybe you can talk Eugene into sending a small color matching blank for a better suited section. I think what you have on there works, but with that concentration of turquoise on the end the colors don't transition color wise for me.

Twissy

Thanks guys.

Very cool! Maybe you can talk Eugene into sending a small color matching blank for a better suited section. I think what you have on there works, but with that concentration of turquoise on the end the colors don't transition color wise for me.

That's exactly how I feel about the front end Jonathon. I did try making a section from what was left of the mutt, but it wouldn't work. There's not many colours that would work which is why I ended up using the Rhodium. I will try and get something from Eugene on my next order.....if I still have the pen by then :)

ElMostro

Thanks guys.

That's exactly how I feel about the front end Jonathon. I did try making a section from what was left of the mutt, but it wouldn't work. There's not many colours that would work which is why I ended up using the Rhodium. I will try and get something from Eugene on my next order.....if I still have the pen by then :)

Beautiful pen! I went through my blank stash and found the "sister blank" so if by the time you place your next order the pen has not sold it's available.
Eugene.

Twissy

Thanks guys.

Beautiful pen! I went through my blank stash and found the "sister blank" so if by the time you place your next order the pen has not sold it's available.
Eugene.

That's brilliant....thanks Eugene. I guess I'll be ordering fairly soon then :biggrin:

Top Bottom