Custom Cracked Ice Duo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's a custom fountain pen made with barrel in cracked ice resin, and cap, finial and section in black ebonite. Has a #6 Medium Point Polished Bock Nib. Comments/critique are welcomed and appreciated. LOL…Still hope you like the pen. Thanks for looking. Regards, Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Cracked Ice Duo _2.jpg
    Custom Cracked Ice Duo _2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Custom Cracked Ice Duo .jpg
    Custom Cracked Ice Duo .jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Custom Cracked Ice Duo _4.jpg
    Custom Cracked Ice Duo _4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Custom Cracked Ice Duo _1.jpg
    Custom Cracked Ice Duo _1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Custom Cracked Ice Duo _3.jpg
    Custom Cracked Ice Duo _3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodLM

very nice! i have been looking at that cracked ice blank, and wondering how well it turns? beautiful pen though!

Dustygoose

Very nice Doc. I like the pinched section and the sleek lines and gentle taper. The contrast of the Black cap helps bring out the background of the "cracked ice".

The exposed clip ring is spot on. However, I think the cap is slightly too long or the body is too short. Looks good but to me the proportions are just a little off. (just my preference)

maxman400

Doc it looks Great, I really look very close at all the pens that are displayed here because where I live I don't have a club that I can draw from, every thing I do is by trial and err a and I only use this forum for info. So Thanks, to you and all the other members that shair so much.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Love the pen. Just curious - is there a little bit of purplish blue in the cracked ice part, or is that reflections of something else just showing up in the pictures?

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Doc: You're starting to "get into" the exposed clips, aren't you !!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I think it looks great and like has already been said, the two tone is great! Nice looking clip! Do you have a special place where you order these? I haven't tried the "exposed" yet, but can see where it would be less work! I guess there's a place for BOTH methods! Thanks for sharing. YOU remain an inspiration. I'm trying to get inventory together (I'm so slow) for a November show then, it's back to kitless for funziez!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
The form is fantastic! I normally don't like pens of two different materials but this one looks nice. I think I might have made the finial from the cracked ice material rather than have the cap solid black. Nice work as always!

wizard

Thanks all for the gracious, constructive and encouraging comments! Regards, Doc:)

very nice! i have been looking at that cracked ice blank, and wondering how well it turns? beautiful pen though!

Logan, Thanks for the kind words! The blank turns easily...I used carbide tools though. Regards, Doc

Love the pen. Just curious - is there a little bit of purplish blue in the cracked ice part, or is that reflections of something else just showing up in the pictures?

Dean, Thanks! No, not a reflection..those are little islands of iridescent violet/blue/purple chips scattered through resin..looks beautiful. Regards, Doc

alphageek

Former Moderator

Dean, Thanks! No, not a reflection..those are little islands of iridescent violet/blue/purple chips scattered through resin..looks beautiful. Regards, Doc[/QUOTE]

Thats cool.... I had a feeling those were really there - that is beautiful. Love many of your pens, but this one is really one of my favorites of yours in a while.

cnirenberg

Doc,
The black cap adds to the pen. The 2 material contrast is really great. This is a keeper, if not the pen, then the pictures, at least for me..

Top Bottom