Custom click for the doctor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Decided I wanted to make something nice for our doctor that will be delivering our baby. With all doctors click pens are the way to go, but a long click wouldn't have fit our tiny lil doctor's hands so I made this one from scratch.

I used a piece of cellulose acetate from the 30's for the main body and black ebonite for the nib. Since the material was only 10mm in dia there wasn't much to turn if any at all. I wish I could have done a different clip, but this was the only one that fit to where I wouldn't have to make an adapter.

We gifted it earlier this morning and she loved it! Hope yall like it to. Comments & Critiques welcome. Thanks for looking!

DSC01222666x700.jpg
DSC01226684x700.jpg
DSC01224700x662.jpg
DSC01229700x466.jpg
DSC01231700x426.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Wow. That is really cool! I was starting to wonder how you made that blank until I read the description. Well done!!

Mapster

Great looking pen, any doctor would be proud to show that off! If I may ask, where did you get the cellulose? Stuff is hard to come by!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That's pretty damned cool!!! But if you REALLY wanted to impress her, then I know someone in your neck of the woods that makes even cooler resin blanks than that tatty old stuff. :biggrin::wink: LOL

Can you please give more detail on the click mech you used? I haven't seen one like that before.

Brooks803

Great looking pen, any doctor would be proud to show that off! If I may ask, where did you get the cellulose? Stuff is hard to come by!

Thanks! Yes it's very hard to find and EXPENSIVE when you do find it! I got my small stash in a trade with another turner. After that I couldn't tell ya, sorry!

That's pretty damned cool!!! But if you REALLY wanted to impress her, then I know someone in your neck of the woods that makes even cooler resin blanks than that tatty old stuff. :biggrin::wink: LOL

Can you please give more detail on the click mech you used? I haven't seen one like that before.

Hey Steven, welcome back my friend! I've actually got a blank painted up almost ready for brass to get glued in for this doctor's desk pen. This time I did make the blank! I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow so stay tuned for that one.

The click mech I bought from Richard Greenwald: Push Button Mechanisms [10179] : Richard L. Greenwald, LLC, Pens, Pens Parts and Photographs. Just need a 7x.75 tap and you're good to go! All metal, so it won't break down from using it. Silky smooth each time, every time.

Can I deliver your next baby? :):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Super pen!

LOL...I think you might want to buy my wife dinner first! :eek::doctor:

Top Bottom