Curly Rambutan in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

Here is a beautiful piece of Rambutan I recently got. It is paired up with a JR. Statesman Rhodium and blank titanium hardware set.

il_570xN.514342645_1wk6.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Some awesome curl in that piece of timber. Love the finish too....it reminds me of wood! Well done!!!

Scott (how many Tums does it take to make a piece of chalk) B

It is very difficult to keep finding woods that are special. I am searching the internet high and low for those pieces of special wood.. I have some coming that is going to just blow my socks off. Stay tuned when it gets here I will post some new pens...

Dan Masshardt

It is very difficult to keep finding woods that are special. I am searching the internet high and low for those pieces of special wood.. I have some coming that is going to just blow my socks off. Stay tuned when it gets here I will post some new pens...

It is an interesting quest isn't it.

Fortunately, there are some things that happen even in local trees.

It is an interesting quest that is for sure. I really think we are missing the boat here when we think that our Maple, Ash and Cherry are not special. I have some Maple coming that has very tight curl in it. After I get it and cut it up I will post some of those. I also have some very highly spalted hackberry coming that has more spalt than wood. That should be interesting. I have to get it cut up and stabilized. I have a few others too. Like I said always looking!

NittanyLion

It is an interesting quest that is for sure. I really think we are missing the boat here when we think that our Maple, Ash and Cherry are not special. I have some Maple coming that has very tight curl in it. After I get it and cut it up I will post some of those. I also have some very highly spalted hackberry coming that has more spalt than wood. That should be interesting. I have to get it cut up and stabilized. I have a few others too. Like I said always looking!

Agreed Mike....there is plenty here, in our own back yard, wherever we are. It just takes some time to search, and a good supporting wife who allows me to carry a chainsaw at all times and stop and talk to total strangers about fallen limbs:)

Fishinbo

That's one elegant looking pen. The wood has pretty grains and colors and fits well the kit. Great job and great to hear you have a supportive wife. Looking forward to the next projects.

Top Bottom