Curly Koa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

Majestic Jr. with Curly Koa. This was the most expensive pen and blank the I had ever turned at the time and I was nervous!

Attachments

• pens to post on web 2.jpg
    pens to post on web 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 367
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Russel,

I've turned a number of Curly Koa blanks, but none have come even close to the figure in that blank. I'm sure AS is going to have a run on those blanks after you posted your photo. Very nice job job on a beautiful blank. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Smith

GouletPens

Steve, it was stabilized and a "exceptional" grade that was oversized. You should have seen it when I applied the finish it realy poped alive.
Koa is like that....it looks fairly blah until you put the finish on it, then BAM! That is a very nice piece of wood, and you did it justice with the kit. I HATE it when someone takes a piece of wood like that and throws it on an apprentice version gold euro or something. Well done!!

Borg_B_Borg

Thanks. I have a few crème de la crème curly koa pieces I collected through the years that are about as curly as that. Now I see what stabilization can do to koa, I may have to send them in to stabilize them.

Steve

Steve, it was stabilized and a "exceptional" grade that was oversized. You should have seen it when I applied the finish it realy poped alive.

Top Bottom