Curly Koa Sierra - Thanks FuzzyDog!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from byounghusband

Status
Not open for further replies.

byounghusband

Here is the first blank I have had time to get to from the items FuzzyDog sent me the Blank Swap.

I also used a CA/BLO finish for the first time and I REALLY like it!! I followed the instructions that Don Ward gave last Saturday at the Bubbasville demo.

200641923642_P4180032.jpg

The second pic is as much of a close-up of the figure in this blank that I could get. There is a small tearout that was filled as I did the CA/BLO.
200641923710_P4180033.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Coments, critiques...

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

looks like you did a nice job. Curly Koa is one of my favorite woods. The tearout is actually more noticeable in the larger picture than in the closeup. The closeup was a little too close, out of focus.

Skye

As far as the pic goes, practice using your macro setting. Rather than zoom in with the macro (mine never likes it when I do that), just crop the image on the computer, resize it to fit the screen well. Just make sure to hold the camera stiiiiiiiill, or consider buying a small tripod. Great wood, shame to have a fuzzy pic!

byounghusband

Thanks for the comments!! I gotta get more of that stuff. I have one more Sierra blank ready to turn. A friend is going to be going to Hawaii soon. I may tap him as a delivery source.
Pics will get better, once I get a couple lights for the my photo booth I built. (didn't use it this time) and use my tripod as well. I had the Macro setting turn on for this camera, but I free-handed it, so I think that is the cause of the blurry 2nd pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom