Curly Koa Gentleman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

Thanks for looking, this is a Gentleman's closed-end made from a piece of Curly Koa I got from Dario, with one of Lou's SF Medium <s>nips</s> uh, nibs. CA/BLO finish, comments welcomed.

200841301433_Koa1.jpg

200841301454_KOA2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

I mean, that is beautiful! I agree that is the way I like them.

My daughter lives in Portland, that's awful close to Clackamas, you may have a visitor to watch you work for a few minutes some day!:D

Dan_F

Simply gorgeous! I bet the closed end is better balanced than the standard one. The big ol' hunk of metal they use for the finial is too heavy in my opinion. I think mine would be tiresome to write with for any length of time.

Dan

IPD_Mrs

I love curly Koa but boy does it suck up the CA. You finish looks pretty good.

One comment and it is of personal taste. When the pen is capped the shape is just fine. When the cap is off because the nib holder has some shape to it the body looks a little chunky. Now it could be the photo but if not I am not sure how you would change it where it would look correct capped as yours does. Just a little thinking out loud for design. Your pen really does look good.

Mike

igran7

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. Mike, you are right about the shape. To be honest I was to chicken to take it down any more. Normally I like them tapered/thinner a little more on the closed-end, but I got nervous because the blank was prettier than I had anticipated and I couldn't get the thought of tearing through the side wall out of my head...I guess I got cold feet:D

Top Bottom