cuff links

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fernhills

fernhills

Fooled around with a couple of these today. Have to find a quicker system and a easier way to apply the epoxy with out it oozing all over. One is Honduras Rosewood Burl and the other is Blue Ripple Lucite.

Attachments

• 20101208_1.jpg
    20101208_1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 20101208_3.jpg
    20101208_3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 20101208_6.jpg
    20101208_6.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Why don't you use thick CA? It is less messy and dries guicker. You could try using a syringe to put just a drop of epoxy. I use one sometimes with epoxy. You just have to be quick and then separate the syringe when you are done and soak it in rubbing alcohol and it will dissolve the remaining epoxy so you can clean and reuse the syringe. When working with epoxy I keep a spray bottle nearby with alcohol (at least 70% strength) and use it for clean-up. It removes the excess and leaves no residue. I also use it to clean my hands. The epoxy comes right off.

fernhills

Why don't you use thick CA? It is less messy and dries guicker. You could try using a syringe to put just a drop of epoxy. I use one sometimes with epoxy. You just have to be quick and then separate the syringe when you are done and soak it in rubbing alcohol and it will dissolve the remaining epoxy so you can clean and reuse the syringe. When working with epoxy I keep a spray bottle nearby with alcohol (at least 70% strength) and use it for clean-up. It removes the excess and leaves no residue. I also use it to clean my hands. The epoxy comes right off.

I didn`t use C/A because i was afraid it would really ruin the hardware if i got any on it.
I was putting to much on, i cut it down a whole lot and it worked out better. thanks for your reply. Carl

Top Bottom