CSUSA Executive Cap Length Sensitivity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

I am looking at using a CSUSA Executive Rollerball for a heavily modified project and I am wondering how sensitive the pen is to cap length.

I can't tell from the picture how long the rollerball nib section is.

Has anyone worked with one of these before?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hundreds, long ago.

I also have a couple hundred I would be willing to sell, if you like. (Don't have to buy them all)

Last edited:

Fibonacci

I pmed you re:the kits.

That discussion aside, what is your opinion on the kit as a whole?

I assume from the fact that you made a bunch of them that you were happy with the quality. I wish they were available in something other than gold, but that looks good for some applications, despite the reduced durability.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In days of old, plating was limited to 24 kt, 10 kt or chrome.

Although you read about 24kt being junk, I sold a lot of pens in 24 and 10kt--yes, a couple had the plating wear off. But, I replaced a few, far less than 1%.

When TiGold came out, I don't remember ever replacing another pen. (But they still dropped them and broke the plastic or wood--so there's no such thing as "unbreakable"!!)

But, we were not charging $100+ for the 10kt--in many cases we did charge that for TiGold--so it was a different market, to me. Hope this helps!

Sam@CSUSA

Hopefully this helps

I snapped a quick picture of the cap assembly so you could see a little better how much play you have with the tube length. the cap/clip assembly is hollow so the tip could go up inside the cap/clip if necessary. If you trim the tube too much though the only issue you may run into is the end of the clip being longer than the cap assembly. May require some other modding to work for you application.

Attachments

• Executive pen.jpg
    Executive pen.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 112

Fibonacci

To answer this question, you can remove just over 1/4" and still use the clip or 1/2" and still have the cap clear the tip of the refill.

In that case, the clip overhangs the cap, but it can be removed if you are ambitious enough. This clip is REALLY well attached. It took me several minutes with a dremel to get it cut without nicking the cap, then almost 1/2 hour to get the pieces of the clip ring removed.

Overall, I am very happy with this kit. It goes together smoothly, the cap has a good feel to it, and it has clean lines. I can't speak for the balance of it because of the modifications that I did, but the rest is top notch.

Top Bottom