Crushed shell fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

alxe24

I'll echo everyone else as how nice you pen looks. It would be nice if you can come up with some sort of tutorial or a few pictures at least.
Congratulations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

My apologies for not responding earlier, I’ve been flitting about in the RV lately with spotty wifi service.

thefunkyP, The nib in this pen is the Berea BHW-704 nib which I purchase seperately from Arizona Silhouette but any of the large nibs being sold such as the Mutschler nibs sold by Elliot Landes would work. I think even Lou and Anthony sell nibs with nib holders that would work well. I know Lou sels the gold nibs to fit these feeds.

follow3, Becoming a member of the PMG is of no interest to me so I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of rejecting me regardless of how good or bad my pens turn out. I have seen many fine pens that were rejected and many mediocre pens in their galleries so there is more afoot than just fine pen making, not my cup of tea!

alxe24 and others, While a tutorial sounds like a nice idea it would ultimately come down to two crucial steps; “…now take the tap and thread the cap…†and “… now take the die and thread the body…â€. All of the pen dimensions stem from those required for this particular thread size so if you don’t have the multi-start tap and die set, the tutorial would be of little use to anyone.

I would however be more than happy to share anything I know with anyone interested, so just drop me a PM. I’m signing up for some jewelry making classes to make some nice clips and center bands so who knows what we’ll all learn in the coming months! :)

Having more fun than the law allows in 23 states![:p]

randyrls

Originally posted by Texatdurango

Crushed shell fountain pen. Destined for a desktop to be housed in its box so no clip will go on this one.

I LIKE!!!!!

I was digging in my acrylic box yesterday and found an odd piece of Decora Shell rod. This was available some / many years ago and I just found it again. Didn't know I had it. Now what to make???

Top Bottom