Crucafix rotacrylic blank on a Faith, Love, Hope kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MyKidsDad

MyKidsDad

I wanted to make my wife one of the Faith, Love, Hope pens from PSI. Cruising the exotic blanks site, I came across the Crucafix rotacrylic blank under their Guest Artists' blanks section (MasterScroller Artworks) and thought this would be the perfect blank to put on this pen kit. I was a bit comprehensive about the blank working as it says it's designed for a midsize kit (Jr. Gent II, etc.). After checking and finding that the bushings for this kit are only very slightly smaller than the bushings for the Jr. Gent II I decided to give it a shot. I think it turned out pretty nice. The length of the top tube cut it a little close but it worked out and the wife is happy with it.

I don't typically show many of my pens here but thought I'd show this in case someone else wanted to try it but wondered how the blank fit the kit.

Attachments

• IMG_6279a.jpg
    IMG_6279a.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 320
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Looks great! If drilled straight through the center, any pen that spins out larger than 3/8 diameter will work. So a sierra will work too and its much smaller. But...larger pens reveal more image to the eyes without rotating pen so much, and larger pens have more tolerance to drilling errors.

Top Bottom