Cross pen/pencil converter?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jzerger

I was in Staples today and noticed in the refill section of the aisle, there was an item that converted a Cross BP to a mechanical pencil (o.7mm).
Since it was about $7 I didn't get it.
Just curious if anyone has seen these "in action".
IF, in fact it can invert any cross bp to a pencil, we wouldn't even need a different design for a pencil. It's called a Cross switch-it converter.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tim self

I have gotten them to work but do not like them. Having to pull the upper barrel off to advance the lead is not practical IMO. I have 3 I will not use.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
As far as I know, these El Grande Kits can be made with either a BP Refill or a .7 pencil mechanism.
I bought several of those, but have not made them yet, so I can´t say about performance or seeing them ´'in action'.

Bear Tooth Woods - El Grande Convertible Pen/Pencil Kits
I believe theses use the Schmidt pencil mechanism that will work with the Parker style refill. The ones jzerger is asking about ared for Cross style pens.

GoatRider

I have gotten them to work but do not like them. Having to pull the upper barrel off to advance the lead is not practical IMO. I have 3 I will not use.

If it's anything like the schmidt converter, you don't have to pull the cap off, just twist it back and forth.

I'm always looking for a good pencil mechanism, I ordered one from Amazon.

tim self

Not at all like the Schmidt converter. And when the transmission is turned to advance the tube, it jams/binds the advance push.

As far as I know, these El Grande Kits can be made with either a BP Refill or a .7 pencil mechanism.
I bought several of those, but have not made them yet, so I can´t say about performance or seeing them ´'in action'.

Bear Tooth Woods - El Grande Convertible Pen/Pencil Kits
I believe theses use the Schmidt pencil mechanism that will work with the Parker style refill. The ones jzerger is asking about ared for Cross style pens.

I stand corrected!

Top Bottom