Cross Baron Closed End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Well, now that I've practiced on a few closed end pens I felt confident about completing a cross blank with a closed end for my son. He wanted a matt finsh. He claims CA finished remind him of plastic and he likes the feel of wood. Did a CA/BLO finish and kept the sheen to a minimum. I hope he likes it.:D

Stan

2007930173157_Cross%20Baron1.jpg

2007930173216_Cross%20Baron2.jpg

2007930173230_Cross%20Baron%203.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Stan,

I am a B2B guy, and usually look a bit askance at embellishments. That predjudice aside, your shape really works on this pen! If your son doesn't like it, I am available for adoption! [:D]

Husky

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I usually like B2B on these pens. Just for the heck of it I roughed out the beads on the ends, and it sort of reminded me of the heavy woodwork trim seen in many churches. I think thats why it goes with the cross as well as it does. Take the cross out, and I wouldn't like it nearly so much.
The cap beads are a bit over the size on the stem of the pen, I should have matched the diameters a bit more closely.
Son is returning home for a day or so before going back to school, so I'll see what his reaction is.

Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom