Crokinole Boards for the Relatives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RichB

RichB

I finished these two Crokinole Boards as gifts for a brother inlaw and his kids.
The first board is finished natural maple with 10 coats of polyacrylic and buffed to a medium shine.

The second board is maple stained with Sedona Red and coated with 10 coats of polyurethane and buffed to a satin gloss.

Game pieces and accessories obtained from Mr. Crokinole in Stratford, Ontario.

Comments and ideas appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Rich B.

Attachments

• P4240721.jpg
    P4240721.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 226
  • P4240722.jpg
    P4240722.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 168
  • P4240723.jpg
    P4240723.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 201
  • P4240724 (Large).jpg
    P4240724 (Large).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 161
  • P4240725.jpg
    P4240725.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichB

The edge is made using two 1/8 th inch pieces of Poplar. The first board I made I glued and nailed the first piece to the edge of the 1/2 inch plywood with out pre- bending it, then glued the second piece to the first. It was a little difficult doing it that way. Now I steam each piece with a PVC steamer and Pre-bend it around a form which has made it a lot easier. I have made 4 this way. I put the lines in with a router using a 45degree point with a circle jig. Then two layers of finish then a sharpie marker to darken the lines then the rest of the finish. I really enjoy the feed back on these. They are a lot of work but in the end it is worth it. Thanks everybody! RichB

RMckin5324

:island:Wow, those look great, What thickness wood did you use for the board (I see a new project coming on for Scout camp)?

RichB

A friend asked me to make them a board for their family. I had never heard of the game so I went to my teacher (Google). If you type in Crokinole you will see everything you need to know including instructions on how to play the game, and instructions on how to build the board, and places to get the pucks and pins. The suppliers are great. The game is very popular in Canada and some areas in the US. I used 1/2 inch Maple plywood on the btm. and playing surface and I resawed Popular for the edge. The instructions I used were found at Crokinole World. The Pins and Pucks I purchased from Mr Crokinole because his shop is in the same town as my nephew.

Last edited:
Top Bottom