Craft Sale At very Small Village Hall

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

How did the sales go?

Well we got through it and was the lowest sales day I have ever had when selling nothing but RM bowls . Only sold $177.00 worth and can't even see where they left my full table.
I am not at all discouraged though . It was a new venture for the ones that put it on and they learned a lot from it. First , they charged admission which is unheard of around here for a craft sale . Second they had live and loud music up on the stage which made it impossible to talk to prospective purchasers and thirdly , they held it on a Friday instead of Saturday and had only a dribble of people come through the door.
It was supposed to run from 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM but died off completely before 2.00 PM so most of us packed up and went home after sticking it out until around 4.00PM .
One consolation is that I am positive that I sold more than anyone else there and some did not even make their $12.00 table charge.

W.Y.

Sometimes We Wonder . . . .

Sometimes we wonder if it is worthwhile to give out business cards. I do scatter a few around my sales table but don't actually hand them out if they don't ask.
Well , at last Fridays sale about a dozen people took a card.
This morning I got a call from a nice young girl that had picked up one of my cards . She wanted to buy a bowl for fathers day for her dad . I said sure come out to the house and gave her the address. She was a nice polite young girl in her mid teens . She picked out a nice laminated one for her dad and then decided to get a large one piece fir one as a fruit bowl for her mother. She had just got off work from a restaurant and still dressed in her uniform . The two bowls came to $79.00 and because she drove 14 km each way from town I gave them to her for $75.00

Top Bottom