Cowboy Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WildThings

WildThings

With a custom poured blank from Brooks803 I made this fountain pen for a diehard Cowboy fan. The logo is a white backed waterslide decal locked in place with quite a few layers of CA. He liked it so much he gave it to his cousin and ordered another. (his cousin lives in Dallas LOL)

CCs are always welcome as this is a new hobby for me and always looking for advice

WT

1_Classic_Fountain_Pen_Dallas_Cowboy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jasontg99

I hate the cowgirls. But the pen is awesome. BTW I was a die hard Cowboys fan until Jerry Jones showed Tom Landry no respect. I will be a Cowboys fan the day Jerry Jones dies or sells the team.

Jason

LL Woodworks

Nice pen - would better better with chrome or rhodium hardware - IMHO. I'm with jasontg99, was a Cowboy fan til the ownership changed so rudely. He is the kind of guy who would file trade mark infringements for using the logo if he though it cost him a dollor. That said - is it a problem using the logo for profit?

t001xa22

1++ with Jason, also. I have lived in TX all my life, and was a die-hard 'Boys fan until Jones did his number on Mr. Landry. I only live 2 miles from the darned monstrosity they call the Stadium. I always found it odd that Jerry bent to pressures during the build, and had the Tom Landry statue installed at the entrance. Personally, I find that this statue is the one redeeming thing about the entire place.

BTW, my wife checked into this potential infringement issue with their organization when I first got into pen making. For a mere $10,000, you could get a bare-bones license to use their "stuff", and as stated, they have a legal team that just loves to jump down on anyone or anything that even looks remotely like their stuff. Just thought I would pass it on; I don't even dare make any two-tone pens using blue and silver.

toyotaman

Great looking pen. I love the colors. If you do make more to sell with
the logo I would not advertise publicly. That way you will be safe from criticism. I have sold a few things this way.
You will be fine as long as you are not making a production line to try to market.

SDB777

Nuthin' wrong with the Arkansas Cowboys, even if they play in Dallas:eek: We have the piglets here still....

I really like how the decal kind of does a little blending there, well done!

Scott (kit nib?) B

Top Bottom