Couple of questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

badwin

Finally I can get some different pens up here in Canada besides slimlines. They are from leevalley.com. I was thinking of ordering the Flat Top Fountain Pen and all the extras to go with turning them. My first question is are they hard to turn and assemble as compared to the slimline. Second question, I was going to order a pen mill for the tubes on the perfume applicator which are 8mm. Is the type O mill the one I need? Hockey is finally over for my son (they were league champions)and I can't wait to get back into the shop and do some turning.
Thanks in advance.
Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Dario

Follow Rons sample...turn yourself some "shims". Saves a lot of time actually by not having to change the center guide [:D]

mick

Brian, if you have a 7mm barrel trimmer you can slip a 7mm tube over it and it fits nicely into an 8mm tube.....thats all I ever use to trim Perfume Pens!!

Ron
I use what ever I have hanging around. I've used maple, corian and I've even used a rejected slimline pen barrel with a tube all ready glued in.

Pipes

I bought the trimmer things but I ve ended up just using my belt sander if ya got one !!![?] seems to work just fine ...But then Iam so new to this I wouldn't really know it was wrong ? Like using only a skew I didn't know it was pose to be hard I just learned because I felt it was easier for me [:I]

http://affordablepipes.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom