couple of my grinders that I make

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mac

Mac

The one on the top is mesquite with bark left on, and the other is feathered sycamore, bubinga,zebra,maple,walnut and purple heart. They are both close to 14'' tall.
1_IMG_0826.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mac

I think I am going to quit posting pictures too. NOT
Happy anniversery grinders. I know its a little after the fifth of Feburary, Oh well.

OOPS

When I saw your subject I asked myself, "Why would someone post a picture of sandwiches?"

Hee hee, what a surprise when I saw your photo. I think I have been near the CA for too long. The lower grinder is really beautiful. Great concept for a grinder, as I have never seen one segmented before.

alphageek

Former Moderator
LOL.. Nice bump Mac. :) I have to say I didn't see this the first time.. I like them, but a question - do you sell them? 14" is a pretty bigger grinder - are those popular?

Mac

LOL.. Nice bump Mac. :) I have to say I didn't see this the first time.. I like them, but a question - do you sell them? 14" is a pretty bigger grinder - are those popular?

I have an order for 2 now. The kit I use can be shortened as much as you want. The ones that I have made so far are streched a little. And most that buy want something to show of their kitchen. As well as a good tool.

IPD_Mrs

Very nice looking grinders. I really like pepper mills and think the Segmented one is very nice. The comment I would have is also on size - I think 14 inches is pretty big if you want to be able to keep your spices fresh before grinding them at your table. It's nice to know those can be shortened up - I've often wondered about those.

Mac

Glue boards, then draw line diagonal, cut along line. This next part is a little tricky. Move one piece to the outside of the other piece. No flipping or turning just move the one piece. Notice in the second picture the now inside boards were the outside. Before reglueing I will add another board to keep the varing colors. After glueing the pieces retrim the ends square.
Hope this helps.

Very nice Mac, I do a lot of grinders and have done quite a few of the segmented ones... they are actually my favorites to create..... you gave me a crick in my neck looking at the sideways picture though.... would recommend you turn the picture next time upright...
They look like the crush grind style of grinder... they are the only kind I work with... so much more design opportunity.

Top Bottom