Cost per gallon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

n fact much more of that kind of weather and Mexico is going to start looking much better.

Try Phoenix, Leroy. We didn't get a hard freeze at all this year...my peppers wintered over and are blooming and setting fruit. Some years ago I had some pepper plants that lasted three years...had a stem like a small tree LOL.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
n fact much more of that kind of weather and Mexico is going to start looking much better.

Try Phoenix, Leroy. We didn't get a hard freeze at all this year...my peppers wintered over and are blooming and setting fruit. Some years ago I had some pepper plants that lasted three years...had a stem like a small tree LOL.
I have some very good friends who live in or near Phoenix, one you might have heard of Bob Wooley who moved there in the 50's Started a very successful plumbing business was a millionaire by the seventies, got into what he called Hometels(motels) and sold out to Holiday Inns for over 100 million when that was still "real money". Some others also went there and were very successful and loved it.

Cmiles1985

Was it a large enough stem to turn? :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
One of the articles I read today says we still bring in 50% of our oil so we are actually not a net exporter I don't think. I don't know much about it except I drive a Prius for a reason. I do wish we had alternative means of transportation but there is not much of a selection that is for sure.
You're right, I should have said could soon be a net exporter, but we are not yet.

Rick_G

Almost moved there in late 70's was offered a job at the Palo Verde nuclear plant during commissioning. Pay was great but at that time they told me they were working 6 days a week and would be going to 7 in a few months. Didn't relish the idea of never seeing my kids while they were awake in those formative years (3 and 5 years old). My theory about work then and still is give whoever is paying you the best you can but I went to work to get enough so I could enjoy my time off and working 7 days a week I would not be enjoying much time off so I turned it down. Worked out for the best in the end I guess as I was able to retire 12 years ago at 55.

glen r

I read an interesting article today that stated that ALL the major oil producers and especially refiners were against any sanctions being lifted against Iran. Lifting the sanctions would allow Iran to pump allot more crude that it is pumping now and that would drop the price of crude oil throughout the rest of the world. Iran has the second or third largest oil reserves in the world and they are easy to get at. Politics have a great deal of effect on what everyone is paying at the pumps. Crude producers are not responsible for the high price of gasoline, refineries and taxes are the biggest cause for high prices. Why do refineries charge a high price for processing crude - because they can. They contribute to every political party and elected people to ensure that no one can legislate how much profit they can make.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I read an interesting article today that stated that ALL the major oil producers and especially refiners were against any sanctions being lifted against Iran. Lifting the sanctions would allow Iran to pump allot more crude that it is pumping now and that would drop the price of crude oil throughout the rest of the world. Iran has the second or third largest oil reserves in the world and they are easy to get at. Politics have a great deal of effect on what everyone is paying at the pumps. Crude producers are not responsible for the high price of gasoline, refineries and taxes are the biggest cause for high prices. Why do refineries charge a high price for processing crude - because they can. They contribute to every political party and elected people to ensure that no one can legislate how much profit they can make.
One day you should check on the processing costs in the price of your gas verses the other costs, you might be surprised. I was.

Cmiles1985

I will dig through my emails on Monday. Somewhere I have a cost per gallon breakdown. It shows where every bit of what you pay at the pump is directed.

Top Bottom