Corrected and Reposted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I posted this pen last night. I had some nice compliments, which we all appreciate. I had one constructive evaluation which I ALSO appreciate. See the difference in this photo and the one I posted before it was really ready. Thanks Gary! Clip was down, now it's up. Yes, it was down to keep pen from slipping off stone prop. Correction, took stone to grinder and modified the stone. Focus. Correction, went to auto focus and found I needed to adjust my diopter for manual focus. It could have been that or late night failing eye sight or maybe the whiskey I had spilled on my tongue:redface:. You will lose some sharpness when you take your photos from 5 or 6 mb down to 50 k, so start with them as sharp as possible. Anyway constructive criticism, acted upon is beneficial. My New Years Resolution is to be more honest with y'all. I ask for that favor in return. If you see a flaw, please point it out. These are the same pictures I'll be using on my website. Thanks! Joe

Attachments

• White Computer_1024x494.jpg
    White Computer_1024x494.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Joe you asked and you shall receive:tongue:, what happen to the tip? Is it covered by the background material, or just out of focus, also some like a prop some don't as the prop tends to take away from the item being photographed, I'm in the school of no prop or a prop that has no texture.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Roy: I'm not sure what your are referring to. If you are talking about the bottom side of the tip, that's the reflection of the texture of the leather it's laying on. Is that what you meant?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
...... My New Years Resolution is to be more honest with y'all. I ask for that favor in return. If you see a flaw, please point it out. These are the same pictures I'll be using on my website. Thanks! Joe

I always like the refill tip to be seen. So that's a flaw and now you can send the pen to me. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you guys get the same brand there, but Blu-Tack is your friend. I think it may be museum putty or something there?
I use it to hold any pen on my little round pen support thing. Works a charm and keeps the pen where you want it for the picture. :wink:

OKLAHOMAN

Joe, here is the tip just looks out of focus, even though I know is the cloth :

Roy: I'm not sure what your are referring to. If you are talking about the bottom side of the tip, that's the reflection of the texture of the leather it's laying on. Is that what you meant?

Attachments

• White%20Computer_1024x494.jpg
    White%20Computer_1024x494.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 83

JohnGreco

Looking good! I usually don't use props for my pen pics but I like that stone. Maybe just sharpen the image in some post production though.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
ok! I see what you mean! John Greco even made reference to the soft appearance. I'm playing around with it and think I'm making headway. I took my uv haze filter off the lens, but still wasn't satisfied. This lens is old old old. I'm trying a different lens to see what it does. I'll let you know. Thanks again to all for your help.

Joe, here is the tip just looks out of focus, even though I know is the cloth :

Top Bottom