Corona Blues, and the beating of..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

We are not quite in the lockdown stage here yet, but I am trying to limit my exposure to others while I am not at work, so spent most of yesterday alone in the shed.
A couple of flashy blue blanks caught my eye when I looked in the drawers of blanks, so they were quickly dispatched to the bench, where they were marked out, and chopped to size.

The pen body is 14mm diameter, with 14mm cap threads, the cap is 16.2mm diameter, the pen measures 148mm long with the cap on.
It has a homemade stainless steel clip, a #6 Jowo steel nib, and uses a standard ink converter.

This pen was made entirely on a Midi size wood lathe, using a carbide cutter to round the blanks, a 3/4" skew and a parting tool for all other work, and of course various drill bits, plus a few taps and dies. ( You don't need a metal lathe to make kitless pens )

The first 3 pics were taken under my diffused LED lighting, which mutes the depth and shimmer in the resin. I added the 4th pic, which was taken using natural light coming through the window, this one shows it a bit better, but still not like holding the pen in your hand and looking at it.

DSC_1294.jpg

DSC_1295.jpg

DSC_1296.jpg

DSC_1304.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful work, Brad !!!

I agree that it is sure great to have this hobby to help dispel the "self-isolation" blues !!!

That blue pen really brightens things up !!!

jttheclockman

Working on a blue pen right now myself so count me in the blues too. Many people try copying those ribbons and can not come close. Nice job.

Ironwood

Beautiful work, Brad !!!

I agree that it is sure great to have this hobby to help dispel the "self-isolation" blues !!!

That blue pen really brightens things up !!!
Cheers Mal. It's a great hobby that's for sure. The troubles of the outside world just melt away, while totally absorbed in penmaking bliss.

studioseven

Beautiful pen. I live in Wisconsin and our Governor has instituted a "safer at home" policy. All non essential businesses must close. However outside of restaurants, bars, health clubs and theaters everything else is open. The newspaper sparked some debate because a paint store was allowed to stay open because it deemed itself essential. I work in a papermill that produces tissue for the away-from-home market. Our customers are restaurants, convention centers, schools and government buildings. Someone deemed that we were essential. All of our customers are closed.

Seven

Ironwood

Great looking pen Brad luv the blue too also a neat clip and finish at the clip end, i'm tipping Victoria will go into lock down first.
Cheers John.
I am still hoping we can beat this without a complete lockdown. Trouble is,there's too many irresponsible people out there that won't do the right thing.

Ironwood

Beautiful pen. I live in Wisconsin and our Governor has instituted a "safer at home" policy. All non essential businesses must close. However outside of restaurants, bars, health clubs and theaters everything else is open. The newspaper sparked some debate because a paint store was allowed to stay open because it deemed itself essential. I work in a papermill that produces tissue for the away-from-home market. Our customers are restaurants, convention centers, schools and government buildings. Someone deemed that we were essential. All of our customers are closed.

Seven
Sounds similar to what is going on over here Seven. Some of the decisions that are being made, really make you wonder what they are thinking, or if in fact they are thinking at all.

It may be an opportunity for your company to change direction somewhat, and produce for a different market. I know your product is in high demand over here, due to the hoarders and the higher usage because everyone is using more cleaning products due to the virus.

Top Bottom