Corn cob question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

I drilled out some corn cob that I got from rtjw tonight. When I got deep into the cob the urethane was still a little wet. I went ahead and glued in the tubes (yes I have no patience). Was this a mistake? When I start turning will I hit uncured urethane? If so should I let it set a day or 2 to let it cure? Can I put a CA finish over the urethane?

wayneis

I would definitely wait for it to dry out, if it is wet you take the chance of the tube breaking loose. As to using CA over poly that should not be a problem if you wait for everything to dry out first.

Wayne

rtjw

You shouldnt have a problem ron. I am wondering why it was still wet. Sorry about that, you must have gotten a really fresh batch. I use nothing but a CA finish on my corn cob pens. What type of pen kit are you making. If you have any problems dont hesitate to email me. If they dont work out I will send you a new batch.

rtparso

Thanks for the offer. I am making slimlines. I picked the thinest cobs. When I say wet the cuttings left marks on my plywood jig. I don't think it will be a problem. I have alwys wondered how the poly sets inside materials were it can't get O2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom