Corn cob pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tea Clipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea Clipper

I finally got around to assembling these pens. I've had the blanks sitting there waiting to be polished for a few weeks now. I like making these and will definitely continue to make more. The black was too black so I was going to sand it all off, but halfway through I liked the way it looked so I stopped sanding.

L -> R
24k Gold Red Pencil & Pen
Black Chrome Yellow and Orange
Satin Gold Orange and Green
Chrome Blue and Black

200644212457_IMG_0466a.jpg

Thanks for looking, critiques welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Critiques: They are not mine! They are at the wrong house!

Beautifully done. Did you dye or color - before or after stabilizing?

Tea Clipper

The dye I used is from CSU and was applied in two stages. The first was just after final sanding but before the sanding sealer. Just dip a cotton swab in the dye and wipe on. Once the sanding sealer is dry and sanded down, a second coat of dye is applied, again with the cotton swab. Then the top coat (Enduro) is applied. Oops, forgot to say I wait about five minutes for the dye to dry before going on to the next step.

Thanks for asking Alfred.[:)]

Tea Clipper

Hank, these are not stabilized. They are squirrel food from walmart.[:D]
Pat Lawson wrote a great article on corn cob pens available in our new library (articles 2004). Thanks Pat![:)]

PenWorks

They all look great. I really like the black with the black Ti, you stopped just in time. I have yet to make one.....I keep saying year after year [:D]

Tea Clipper

The black is in chrome but it looks like black ti, sorry about the dark picture. That one sold as soon as I brought these in to work. The buyer also asked for a matching pencil. [:0] I hope I can sand another one down to match. [:I]

Tea Clipper

If you can't find it at walmart, try a pet store. I found two online sites when I googled for squirrel food:
http://www2.yardiac.com/long.asp?item_id=3804
http://www.birdsforever.com/sqfood.html

Walmart was cheaper though.[}:)][:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom