Corian Pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shastastan

shastastan

Here's a couple of pics of some corian pendants that I've done recently. The one in the lower left is my first try. As you can see the cuts didn't come out right on it so I just use it as an outline now.:

Attachments

• corian 2w.jpg
    corian 2w.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 311
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

They look great! I've been looking at a lot of them her and on etsy, wanting to make a few for family memebers. I guess until I find the time I'll just just enjoy the posts! Thanks for sharing!

shastastan

They look great! I've been looking at a lot of them her and on etsy, wanting to make a few for family memebers. I guess until I find the time I'll just just enjoy the posts! Thanks for sharing!

Actually these are faster than pens for me. I have a flat stone slab. I place sandpaper on it and sand the backs of the pendants before I put them on the jig. I don't decorate the backs of my pendants, but that's fine if you want to. I only have to work on the front side so I don't have to do the back first, remove the stock, and then do the back. I use WOP for finish so the finish process can take 3 lapsed days since I let the coats dry overnight.

MTViper

Haven't made any from Corian, but have made a lot of wood ones. I've used cord in various sizes. If I get the opportunity to fit the necklace to the one who will wear it, I add a magnetic clasp. I ask the recipient to hold the pendant where she wants it to hang. I tighten the lace/cord and mark it. Then I add the magnetic clasp, tie it off on both sides and clip off the excess. Magnetic clasps are a big hit.

shastastan

Those are very nice. What did you use for the string?

It's a leather coated cord that I bought at Michaels. It comes in different thicknesses.

Do you tie the ends or is there a clasp? I was just going to try my hand at these so I am curious. Thanks.

I bought lobster clasps at Michaels along with some spring shaped tubes that are crimped around the cord ends. I'm using 15mm size clasps. Not sure why I didn't use the magnet type, but it might have been that they didn't have the size that I needed. I did order some different finish lobster clasps and jump rings from Amazon that come as a set in a plastic storage box. Thankfully, my wife has helped me buy and use the jewelry accessory stuff. I like to make the pendants, but learning jewelry assembly--not so much.

JimB

Those are very nice. What did you use for the string?

It's a leather coated cord that I bought at Michaels. It comes in different thicknesses.

Do you tie the ends or is there a clasp? I was just going to try my hand at these so I am curious. Thanks.

I bought lobster clasps at Michaels along with some spring shaped tubes that are crimped around the cord ends. I'm using 15mm size clasps. Not sure why I didn't use the magnet type, but it might have been that they didn't have the size that I needed. I did order some different finish lobster clasps and jump rings from Amazon that come as a set in a plastic storage box. Thankfully, my wife has helped me buy and use the jewelry accessory stuff. I like to make the pendants, but learning jewelry assembly--not so much.

I know how you feel. I looked at a few jewelry things and felt like I stepped into a different world. I was totally lost.

Top Bottom