Copying each others work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snazzypens

[/quote]

I think it was Toni that posted a picture of a polka dot pen not too long ago.

Paul in AR
[/quote]

Yes it was me. [:I]
Toni

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

Eight years ago... you are probably the first to turn a wooden nib on a pen kit too.

I really doubt it. This is not my original pen. I made this one about 2 years ago, but it is like the original...only with different woods.

Thanks for the compliments.

Actually, I feel really bad....I haven't seen anyone copy it yet.[:(]

Ron Mc

I don't smell pickles yet! That, my friend, is a pen that won't be copied soon. I have been reading this thread and enjoying all the posts to date.
When I have time I have some thoughts on the matter and will throw them out.

Ron Mc

OK, I have a few minutes.[:D] Boy this year end paperwork is killing me![xx(]

I have seen many pens in the past both segmented, laminated, and not, that I have wanted to try in my own way. I personally don't think that I would have ever tried to attempt my first segmented pen if I hadn't seem some in someones post and thought to myself, "I believe I can do something like that." So I tried one with a few minor changes and this lead me down the path I have chosen with my pens.

Personally whenever I see one of my designs copied I feel honored that someone actually considered one of my pens worth copying! This pushes me even harder to come up with another idea for people to try. I see this as my way of giving back to the pen turning community. Not only does it keep the "old timers" on their toes but it keeps the "new" turners dreaming and trying to push their knowledge and skill level further with every pen made.

So, There you have it. My thoughts on the subject before I threw them away!

Now get off this darn machine and go copy some pens![;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom