cop her on cop her

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
whatcha think? this is one of my homebrew blanks. it is pearl copper and black. on the pic description, i put that it is pearl black, but it isn't. it is straight gloss black.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
1_copper_and_black_cropped.JPG

RAdams

Banned
i don't care much for it either, but everyone else seems to like it. I just wish it was stronger.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I really like the color combo in the blank but I think I'd like the blank better if it had more of a shine . . .

Sometime its just better to hold onto the blank till you have a finish to really compliment it.

RAdams

Banned
I really like the color combo in the blank but I think I'd like the blank better if it had more of a shine . . .

Sometime its just better to hold onto the blank till you have a finish to really compliment it.

Are you talking about the metal? The plastic is super shiny. It was wet sanded with 600 grit to clean it up, and then the range of micromesh, followed by the buff. My picture taking isn't the greatest so it may look scratchy, or dull, but i would give you $100 for every scratch you could see (without magnification).

Just out of curiosity, what finish do you use on your plastics? And does it stand up to wear and tear better than the plastic itself? I just polish my pens, and that seems to be enough for the girls i go with.

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I think the pen looks great. I suspect that the picture is a bit washed out, making the finish look flatter than it really is.

RAdams

Banned
i will try to step up my picture taking game very soon. I have been reluctant to do so because i don't want to become obsessive. Seems almost easier to C-list trade a pro photographer a photo shoot for a pen or two. Surely they could do WAY better than i could ever hope to, and with digital images, it would literally cost them nothing. word of mouth for them, word of mouth for you. win-win. Another marketing idea maybe. People with expendable picture money could be people with expendable ink pen money!

But anyway, i have all of the components, i just have to find them all, and put them to work.

Top Bottom