Cootamundra Wattle and Resin Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Finally got this finished, it has been laying around for about 2 years, being partly done. The blank was very fragile and had some really big holes in it. SO, heaps of resin, CA and wood hardener etc,:biggrin: it is finally done.

Most of the initial turning was done with a series of radiator hose clamps holding it together.

The bowl is about 8in X 3in and is finished with 3 coats of Wipe on Poly.

Thanks for looking and C&C are welcome.

PS. It's a keeper because SWMBO really likes it.
Bob.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Well Bob, was never a doubt that, this blanks was requiring some very fine hands to complete what nature gave us, I may the one that salvage that log from total destruction, something not far off from the condition I found it, careful chain saw work, made it round(ish), was only one person I knew, apart from myself that would be "mad" enough to even consider work with it, you took the challenged and the result, is in front of everyone, that's no magic, its a lot of work and perseverance, I knew you make that piece of wood proud so, congrats mate, you done it again (time is irrelevant...!):wink:

Great colour resin, perfect match...!

Cheers
George

walshjp17

Wattle you think of next?:wink: That is one magnificent bowl and you've expertly blended the resin with the figure so that it looks so natural. Well done, sir. Well done.

turncrazy43

That is one superb bowl. As usual your work is first class Bob.

SDB777

That's what you call...determined! Two years....whew!!!!

Well worth every moment....sorry it won't be for sale, I've had many a project go to the 'other side'.

Scott (congrats to you) B

Teeball

Excellent job you did on that bowl. Patience is a great thing when you have it:frown:, . I missed that line when born. Keep up that fantastic work.

pinelumber

bowl

Fantastic bowl Bob Any wood with graining in it is fantastic!! I still haven't made and pens from the wood you sent me. I Haven't turned anything in 3 months!! Happy golidays to you and your family.

Dennis
Pinelumber:RockOn::present::present:

Top Bottom