"Convertible" pen kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Varoujan

A friend of mine showed me a three-way convertible pen (that's the best I can describe it!), which allows the user to switch between Red ink, Black ink and a pencil with the twist of the top of the pen. He is interested in a custom made version (the shape is no bigger than a standard Euro Style pen), and I feel like I have seen such a kit that allows you to switch between two types of ink, or pen/pencil, at least.. But have never seen a 3-way one... However, in my recent searches, I have been unable to find either one.

I HAVE found "Convertible" pen kits, but these seem to allow the user to remove the ink and use the same body with a pencil mechanism (but does not house both mechanisms simultaneously). The idea is for the R, B, and Pencil to all be in one neat little package.

Anyone know where I can find such a kit (or even the rotating mechanism alone)? Or maybe there is a better name than "convertible" that I should be searching for?

Any help/links would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

To my knowledge there is no three-way kit out there. I have seen, but not made, a kit that has two ballpoint refills, I believe PSI or Berea sells it. My choice is the Perfect Fit Convertible, a pen where the ballpoint refill can be exchanged for a pencil refill.

Rangertrek

PSI Combo2

I have made one of the PSI Combo2 pen/pencil kit.
The mechanism was a bit questionalbe at first. I had to work with it a little for it to operate properly.

I am not usre I would recommend this kit. The operation is a bit 'loose' when you turn left or right to select pen or pencil. It could be that the one I did was just a bit of a problem. Others may have had a better experience with this kit.

Steve Busey

CSUSA offers a pen/pencil combo. My son wanted it for his first pen, so I bought a pair of kits. The first two mechanisms failed in two different ways. CSUSA graciously sent two free replacements. The third one is holding up, and we have the 4th as a spare. But I'd be gun shy about ever making one of those kits for sale.

Top Bottom