Constant Test

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

Constant Laubscher was looking for "volunteers" to test his new line of stabilized blanks. I was fortunate enough to get a few to test (thanks, Constant) and here's the first one:

1_Constant_Blue.jpg

This turned almost as easily as unstabilized maple, but was much more, well, stable. It finished up well without much help although I ended up putting a CA finish to see how that would work. I think it actually looked better before I put on the CA, but attribute that purely to operator error -- there was nothing inherent wiht the blank the affected its ability to take a CA finish. The brilliant color fully penetrated the blank and nicely highlighted the figure.

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

OK, I have cut and drilled one blank. Here are some observations. It cuts much easier than stuff I have had stabilized from another vendor. It has an interesting odor not unlike the acrylic acetate blanks I have gotten before, but more bitter. It drills very easily too. It does not have the plasticy look of my other stabilized stuff either. I will give more input as I complete the pen. (my blanks are buckeye burl)

Top Bottom