Congrats Jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

<<<-- tries to express my gratitude to everyone here. You are all the reason I am still turning pens. I literally had such horrible luck with turning and had given up when I discovered this site.

You are all have provided me with an invaluable wealth of information and I am grateful.

Or maybe I should blame all of you people for teaching me a way to consume hours of time and spend money. :)

jttheclockman

I think this question has been asked before also. "Where Have All The Flowers Gone???":)

So, John, your implication is that "all the good guys are gone"?

No not at all Jeff. Everyone here is a good guy or (gal can get in trouble there) :) Without bringing back the past when this question got asked some years ago the same reality still holds true. 20,000 members to a site that is dedicated to a small portion of the turning world is quite an accomplishment. It is noteworthy. With that being said and not reliving all the reasons people leave and all, the make-up of a site changes over the years. The content of a site as well as the membership.

But as we look at 20,000 members it does make some of the older members stop and think what ever happened to so and so. It makes one think, I remember when so and so did this or did that and it changed the way we do certain aspects of a particular phase of pen turning. Maybe so and so made contributions to the Library that people today and especially New members read and have no idea who wrote that or how that came about and with members like that gone it does not get passed down.

So I guess what I am trying to say is the marking of a milestone of 20,000 members is fantastic but stopping to give pause to all those that came before is not a bad thing either.

I hope with the addition of each and every new member this site continues to grow and with it new and exciting things continue to develop and shared with the membership. There is so much more out there. The surface has not even been scratched but the foundation has been layed and for that Jeff we all thank you.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I see we've hit 20,000 this morning. Who is it?

Did we ever find out who was the 20,000 member????

I figured it out, but I hesitate to identify him/her.
Over half of our 20,000 members have never posted a single message, so you never know how public a person might like to be.

I think we should leave it up to the IAP management team to decide if they want to reach out to this person for any special recognition. If not, let's just celebrate our enormous popularity in the wood turning world.

jttheclockman

I see we've hit 20,000 this morning. Who is it?

Did we ever find out who was the 20,000 member????

I figured it out, but I hesitate to identify him/her.
Over half of our 20,000 members have never posted a single message, so you never know how public a person might like to be.

I think we should leave it up to the IAP management team to decide if they want to reach out to this person for any special recognition. If not, let's just celebrate our enormous popularity in the wood turning world.

Sounds good. lets throw a party. :beer::party::drink:

Top Bottom