Confident enough to start sharing my pen pics!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tieflyer

Thanks in high percentage to the IAP members! Trolling the threads, asking questions and reading your experiences is making me a better turner. I'm fairly consistent with slims, getting consistent with Europeans and have moved up to Cubans. The kit is titanium and black...the wood is buckeye burl. C&C, please!

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Very nice work on getting a good finish along with nice fit. BlackTi with Buckeye is an excellent choice. Some turners will roll over the top edge of the barrel to make a pleasing match to the hardware at that point. Keep up the fine work!
Steve

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks in high percentage to the IAP members! Trolling the threads, asking questions and reading your experiences is making me a better turner. I'm fairly consistent with slims, getting consistent with Europeans
and have moved up to Cubans. The kit is titanium and black...the wood is buckeye burl. C&C, please!

View attachment 88442
What you know as a Cuban, I know as a Cigar pen!

Where did you get the hardware for the Cuban?

Kind of hard to beat Buckeye Burl & Black Ti.!

Tieflyer

What you know as a Cuban, I know as a Cigar pen!

Where did you get the hardware for the Cuban?

Kind of hard to beat Buckeye Burl & Black Ti.![/QUOTE]

Mack C....I got the Cuban kit from Rockler, locally. According to the store, it used to be the original cigar design then other kits started coming out. I think what is called "cigar" today is longer overall than the Cuban.

walshjp17

[quoteWhat you know as a Cuban, I know as a Cigar pen!

Where did you get the hardware for the Cuban?[/quote]

Rockler sells them as Cubans.

Soup

Nice looking pen. Buckeye burl and black TI are my favorite combinations. Can't go wrong with them.

Top Bottom