confetti help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hippi

These are red, yellow, and white tissue-type paper 3/4 wide 2", how would you cast this
DFE_9697.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I would start with a painted tube so the brass doesn't shine through. Then, glue it to the tube using your choice of glue. Let it dry a day, then seal it with a spray or brush on clear coat because the dyes in it might bleed in the resin. Let that dry a day and cast.

The problem you will face with tissue and other thin paper is it will probably become very transparent when it gets wet with resin, glue or sealers. Also, your overlap will show because you are doubling the color layer.

You could also chop it up in little pieces and stir it into "clear" resin once it hits 100° then pour around 115° so it suspends in the resin and doesn't settle on the bottom. You may see color blobs or spots where the resin and paper dye react.

hippi

I would start with a painted tube so the brass doesn't shine through. Then, glue it to the tube using your choice of glue. Let it dry a day, then seal it with a spray or brush on clear coat because the dyes in it might bleed in the resin. Let that dry a day and cast.

The problem you will face with tissue and other thin paper is it will probably become very transparent when it gets wet with resin, glue or sealers. Also, your overlap will show because you are doubling the color layer.

You could also chop it up in little pieces and stir it into "clear" resin once it hits 100° then pour around 115° so it suspends in the resin and doesn't settle on the bottom. You may see color blobs or spots where the resin and paper dye react.
just to show size and color I have more of this, 1/4 grocery bag, I like what you said about cutting it up, I will try a couple of strips with a quick spray of lacquer let it dry then cut them up?

JohnU

Another option would be sticking small pieces randomly to a painted tube with clear nail polish. The nail polish would seal and protect it from the resin.

hippi

here is a sample pour, some were coated with lacquer, and some were not, 50 lbs in the pot still have some air bubbles
DFE_9709.JPG
DFE_9710.JPG
DFE_9711.JPG

Bope

I like the look. I am interested in what you are going to do with the tube going through the middle.

Top Bottom