Compounds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I've been asked by some for a pic of the compounds I use. Here is a pic of them. The quarter is only for size reference and they are approx. 2" cube. I have to cut these down from large blocks, that is why there are marks on the sides.

compounds.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
They aren't huge, but anyone should be able to get between 50 and 100 pens from them depending on usage. It takes very little for it to perform. I can make the pieces larger if needed.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
If you are selling this stuff, then this post needs to be in the classifieds section. If you are just providing information, then why not tell us what the name of the product is. Please let me know if we need to move it to classifieds for you.

Curtis O. Seebeck
IAP Head Moderator

DozerMite

Banned
Curtis... wasn't my intention to sell this here. I did check about interest at one time, but there wasn't enough.
I've been asked by several people for information on the compounds and a pic if possible. If the interest increases, maybe it will find it's way to the classified?

I get these through my employer because the manufacturer only sells to companies that use high volume. We get it in huge crates and burn through it quickly. They are high quality and consistant.
If people are using the trip and WR and getting good results, these won't neccessarily improve the finish (although I can see a difference), but will cut down the finishing time. No need for anything past 220 grit before buffing, so MM is obsolete. They work great on non-ferrous materials as well as all types of plastics and I've even done some small pieces of glass. The car guys love the stuff.
I'm not sure what more information I can supply, but if anyone has questions, just ask.

Schtick

Manufacturer Name or website

I have to agree with the moderator. Identification of the manufacturer and product name or a website, would be really great.:) I am concerned of the long term effects :alien:eek:f CA. I use a mask, but it is nasty stuff.

BigguyZ

I have to agree with the moderator. Identification of the manufacturer and product name or a website, would be really great.:) I am concerned of the long term effects :alien:eek:f CA. I use a mask, but it is nasty stuff.

Compounds wouldn't replace the use of CA or some other type of finish- it's only used to polish the finish to get a high shine...

Top Bottom