Commissioned Custom FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's my first custom FP that was made to order. My customer looked through samples of my other custom FP's as well as the materials I have to make them from. He pretty much designed it all: Length, Clip, Nib, Section, etc.

It's one of the longer FP's I've made. Capped it's 5 5/8", Cap only 2 1/4", Body 4 1/2"

It feels great in my hand and my wife and I are fighting over which one of us gets to steal it! However, it's getting picked up tomorrow so it's gotta go bye bye :frown:. I'll just have to make another....or two...:rolleyes:

Hope yall like it! Comments welcome.

DSC01057544x700.jpg
DSC01060560x700.jpg
DSC01068700x302.jpg

DSC01059645x700.jpg
DSC01070700x433.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot the rest of the details! The material is an Italian acrylic called cracked ice with an ebonite front section and a #5 Heritance nib.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Thanks yall! I forgot to mention that it took me a long time to make this, about a week. With my back as bad as it is I can only stand at the lathe a few mins before needing a break.

robutacion

Thanks yall! I forgot to mention that it took me a long time to make this, about a week. With my back as bad as it is I can only stand at the lathe a few mins before needing a break.

Some how, I wasn't aware that you were experiencing back troubles, is that something temporary or something more serious...???

I also have to comment on that pen as the blank used is absolutely stunning and you finish shows it well so, well done...!

Get better soon...!

Cheers
George

Brooks803

Some how, I wasn't aware that you were experiencing back troubles, is that something temporary or something more serious...???

I also have to comment on that pen as the blank used is absolutely stunning and you finish shows it well so, well done...!

Get better soon...!

Cheers
George

Haven't mentioned it much on here George. Had a MRI and waiting to hear what's going on. Don't know how serious just yet, hopefully it's not though!

And thanks for the kind words on the pen!

Brooks803

Something else that I forgot to mention that I'm sure many of you are thinking. I wanted to put on a polished #6 nib bc I think that'd look best, but the customer hand picked this setup so I didn't argue much.

The only design change I made was with the clip. I was going to recess it but forgot how much wider this new clip is. There wasn't going to be enough wall thickness if I recessed it so instead I put it back on the lathe and turned it to meet flush with the clip. I think it came out well. If I tried another just like this I'd do everything the same except two things. I'd put the larger polished nib, and maybe add a silver band or two just below where the clip ends on the cap. There's a bit too much empty space for my eye and I think it'd look nice.

BSea

You beat me to it. I was thinking it would look better with the larger nib also. Maybe if the section was turned down a smidge more. I love the blank, and your finish is perfect as usual.

seamus7227

I just love that material! It reminds me of some sort of sea shell coloring. Very well done Jonathon, but as usual, I'm not surprised. Your work is always top shelf!

Top Bottom