Coming home

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Well, folks, it's finally official. I'm moving back to San Antonio. Quite soon, in fact. I got my orders this morning and I have to be there Sept 15th. That doesn't leave me much time to get things wrapped up so I'd better get on the stick. This means I'll be without a shop for a few months, but its worth it. I'm really looking forward to being able to watch my grandkids play ball, dance, and I may even get to teach a few of them how to turn pens. Such a deal, huh? I'll try to check things out here from time to time as I can.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

What's with the deadline?

Skye, I work for the USAF. As such, transfers are based on published travel orders. One of the things on those orders is a report date. I've known about the probability of the transfer since June, but the report date has been pushed from July 21, to Aug 18 and now to Sep 15. I basically quit working on getting things ready b/c they kept pushing it back. That's the way it goes, I guess.

jskeen

Having been in the Air Force, rather than a contractor I can tell you first hand that if they catch you getting prepared for a move, they intentionally push the orders back till you give up and quit trying, then spring them on you. Part of the "readiness through constant uncertainty" training principle.

Glad you are getting back home though. I had to wait till I got discharged to get back to Texas.

Top Bottom