Coming Back and Laser Engravings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Hey all,

It's been some time since I've been able to get on here, let alone make a pen. I've been pretty busy with the new kid which has been a lot of fun but very time draining. I've also had a last minute change of units. I'm now detached from my last one and on the 13th MEU. I've had a lot of catching up to do which has taken more time than I've really had. My wife and I have been slowly putting our shop together. We have everything we need but now we need to find the precious time to set it all up so we can start making pens. On a note my dad also got me into making bowls in a brief trip home.

OKay so to the second part. Now that I'm on the 13th MEU I would like to be able to incorporate their logo and credo into a few pens that I know the Marines and a few Sailors on board would love. Can anyone point me to a good place (a member on here would be best since everyone is always so helpful) that I can send some pens to for engraving?

Hopefully the wife and I will find some time to finish the shop and get back into knocking the rust off our pen making skills.

Ty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tim self

AHHH, good old Camp Pendleton. I retired from there. Glad to hear you're back. Have you tried any of the local engravers? There are plenty there.

jyreene

Tim, I haven't tried any local ones yet. I thought I would put some feelers out here to see if anyone has that capability since I like to give my pen business to the site when I can. I'll check out some of the local ones too.

Chuck, PM replied to.

Sylvanite

Ty,

There's a lot to be said for finding a local engraver to build a relationship with. Then again, there's also a lot to be said for doing business with the members here.

I do custom laser engraving. Before I started, I used to send my pens to Ken Nelson at kallenshaanwoods.com. I was always happy with the results. Constant Laubscher and Stan Cook (other members here) have excellent reputations as well. I'd be happy to help, but you couldn't go wrong with any of them either.

Regards,
Eric

jyreene

Thanks everyone. I'll make sure I check them out once I get off ship. Of course I might have to enlist the help of m wife to get this all done if the Marines on board want a pen with the unit logo!

Top Bottom