Comfort Pink Ivory with Segments, Crystals, and Engraving!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HoratioHornblower

Hello all,

This pen was a major learning experience! The girl that wanted this asked for everything I could do to a pen. (just about anyway) And, she asked about the crystal fill for the heart on both sides of the pen. This was my first pen using crystals. There were 57 crystals total! I learned that pink ivory does not like to be cut with a scroll saw or segmented lengthwise. All in all I had 7-8 attempts on the top section, but I only had to have it engraved once! (which I was very thankful for!) The bottom part I had 1 failed attempt, and the one you see was attempt number 2. I am still working on getting the engraving fill right. I think epoxy with mica powder will work best, and I plan on doing that with my next engraving. This pen took a lot of time! Thanks for looking, and all C&C are welcome.

David

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Cool pen. How did you attach the crystals?

They were actually flat backed crystals from Hobbly Lobby, so I didn't have to set them as one normally would. I used tweesers to hold a crystal, then I had some CA on a piece of wax paper next to me and from that I would use a sowing pen to put CA on the crystal. The pen barrel was on the lathe as that was more stable and I don't have 3 hands! After that I covered them with CA, which took away the faceted aspect of the crystals.:frown:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

David

Top Bottom