Combustion!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from walshjp17

walshjp17

Turned one of Jonathan's Combustion blanks yesterday. Put it on a Gold Metro RB. Showed it to SWMBO and that's the last I've seen of it since :eek::mad::biggrin:

I am absolutely amazed at how beautiful these blanks are. There is so much motion going on here.

Jonathan, I hope you keep making these. Once it gets shown off this weekend, I fear I will have a few orders.

Attachments

• Combustion1.jpg
    Combustion1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Combustion2.JPG
    Combustion2.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Combustion3.JPG
    Combustion3.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Combustion4.JPG
    Combustion4.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Combustion6.JPG
    Combustion6.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Combustion5.JPG
    Combustion5.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Yes John, They are gorgeous blanks. Your pen looks great! I recently did the same blank on a Black Ti Zen. It looked sharp too!

MikeL

Very nice job. I like all of it. Not familiar with metro pens. Are they the same size as the Jr gents and Jr. Statesman?

walshjp17

That came out awesome John! I'm glad you like it. What color did you use for the reverse paint?

In my haste to get the blank glued up, I pulled out black Testor's acrylic paint, got distracted by something in the house, came back out to the shop (well, garage) and forgot to paint the blank!!! :eek:

What you see is a naked blank. After I realized what I had done, I couldn't go back. I did buy another blank at MAPG, so I will reverse paint that one. I plan to mix some red and yellow Testor's to come up with an orange for the painting. I'll post results when I return from family obligations in Philly this weekend.

Marc

That blank is well named. You can almost see the fire moving under the acrylic. You did a nice job on the turning and even though you did not reverse paint as you planned, this pen is spectacular. I can hardly wait to see the blank with the reverse painting, but have a hard time imagining that it could be better.

Very well done!

Charlie_W

Very cool and beautiful I must say. I see these blanks on here all the time. Where do y'all get them?

These blanks were hand cast by our own Jonathon Brooks. Brooks803
Awesome blanks!
The one I recently posted was on a Black TI Zen and was reverse painted with a red oxide primer.
I now have a green one awaiting me!

Top Bottom