color matters...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkHix

MarkHix

We have alot of new members and I was thinking about all the info stored somewhere on this forum that has helped me. Hank and a few others used to post some really useful info on things that they were experimenting with or just wanted to know and wanted to share. It was really helpful to me (and still is) so I thought I would post this to maybe prime the pump a little.....Post something a new member might need to know....what will it hurt?

I was turning the last of my cactus blanks from Curtis and decided to change the tube color. The blanks probably came from the same batch or close enough. They are red tinted cactus. The one on the left has a red painted tube and red painted inside the blank. The one on the right has a black painted tube and black painted inside. They were both finished the same way. I like the different looks.

I don't remember who told me you could alter the appearance of a blank by changing the color of the tube but imagine the possibilities.....silver paint? green paint? neon colors? .......how about clear acrylic w/a rainbow behind it?

Attachments

• Cactus pair.jpg
    Cactus pair.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 195
Top Bottom