Color for Tube Painting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

soligen

Do you guys have rules of thumb for what color to paint tubes for multi color blanks? For single color, obviously something close to the color.

I've had a couple where I couldn't see the tube, but the color changed a bit in the thin spots. For example:

On a red & white blank I painted white. Some of the red looks lighter - amost orangeish in the thin spots.

On a Purple & gold I left the brass color as it is in the ball park of gold. It affected the purple a little bit in the thinest spot.

I was thinking maybe I should match the darker color. What do you think?

I have a couple really cool blue & green blanks - so niether is darker. Recomendations for this?

Thanks

Dan26

I recently started doing more acrylics and found a big difference in what color the inside is painted. I had several dark green blanks with varying shades of green and white. I painted some white and some dark green. The blanks that were painted white came out almost lime green, the ones painted dark green came out almost like the same shades as what it looked like on the shelf. Maybe I'll try swirling different color paints inside the blank and see what it looks like.

Top Bottom