Collaborative

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

Thanks everyone, but quite a bit of fuss over a bit of craft paint! Rather embarrassing too. Keith...I will talk to you later!!:wink::biggrin::eek:

For those who do not know, this collaboration was done for an event a while back to honor Eagle Prisavage. Eagle was passionate about pens and pen blank making. He died suddenly and very unexpectedly in July of last year, leaving a deep hole in the lives of all those that had come to know him. The blue paint was because it was Eagle and Lynn's favorite color. The intertwining roses on the trellis represented not only their fondness for that flower, but of their love for each other.

If you have never seen any of Eagle's work I would encourage you view the photo album that Lou Metcalf (DCBluesman) set up in his memory.

http://photos.eagleswoodworking.com/

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks everyone, but quite a bit of fuss over a bit of craft paint! Rather embarrassing too. Keith...I will talk to you later!!:wink::biggrin::eek:

For those who do not know, this collaboration was done for an event a while back to honor Eagle Prisavage. Eagle was passionate about pens and pen blank making. He died suddenly and very unexpectedly in July of last year, leaving a deep hole in the lives of all those that had come to know him. The blue paint was because it was Eagle and Lynn's favorite color. The intertwining roses represented not only their fondness for that flower, but of their love for each other.

If you are not familiar with some of Eagle's work I would encourage you view the photo album that Lou Metcalf (DCBluesman) set up.

http://photos.eagleswoodworking.com/

Eagle would be proud I'm sure Dawn! If this is "just a bit of craft paint" -- I want some of that paint!!! :eek::eek:

Personally - If I could paint something like that, I'd have a WHOLE new line of pens.

I know you're a bit embarrassed by the attention, but it is a beautiful piece of art. Those tiny roses are incredible.

jttheclockman

Eagle was the master. He saw things in a whole different perspective than us mortals. The pen turning community lost more than a member.

Very nice tribute and explanation. Thanks for sharing.

VisExp

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. As I said before, Dawn takes most of the credit here. She has a true gift.

Keith,Dawn,
You will be sending it to Provo, I hope?

Glenn, I originally thought you had to be a member of PMG to send a pen to Provo, but Dawn told me that was not the case. I will talk with her about it

Rather embarrassing too. Keith...I will talk to you later!!:wink::biggrin::eek:

Oh boy, now the Princess is mad with me. Does this mean no more Kringles :eek:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Magnificient! No doubt this is truly one of the highest compliments done in Eagle's honor.

And as one who has seen first hand the work that goes into painting that detailed little rose, saying its just a bit of "craft paint" is like comparing my mud pies to Marie Callendar's.

VisExp

Wow. What an honour to be featured on the home page, especially to share the spot with a Princess!! :biggrin: Thank you very much Jeff.

Top Bottom