Coffee Bean Caster Out There?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stoneman

I have a son who works at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters here in Vermont. I am thinking ahead (for once) and am looking for someone who might be willing to cast a couple sets of Baron pen blank sets of real Green Mountain Coffee Beans (which I will gladly supply). I don't know squat about casting, but assume the best method for this would be under pressure to eliminate most air bubbles? Anyway, my time frame is very flexible as I am planning for December. I'd gladly pay the going rate for a couple sets of blanks. Anyone with an interest can post here or e-mail me.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chefjoseph742

I would be glad to cast them for you. All you would need to do is send me the beans, brass pen tubes you want them cast over then pay for the cost of the resin I use in my molds. Each mold casts 6-8 tubes giving me a 3/4 X 2.5 X 6 cast block, when cut gives me 6-8 blanks and whatever it will be to mail it back to you from sunny Florida but of course without the sun:(. In other words, It will be nothing but the costs. I enjoy helping others that is why I enjoy this org. EVERYTHING I learned about pen turning came from others on this site. I don't mind giving back. By the way, I took a tour of Green Mt. Coffee in Vermont. Before my retirement, I was a Regional Executive Chef. My company used their product line in some of our accounts. any way if you would like me to cast your beans let me know. my email is chefjoseph.742@verizon.net</u>.[8D]

Originally posted by stoneman

I have a son who works at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters here in Vermont. I am thinking ahead (for once) and am looking for someone who might be willing to cast a couple sets of Baron pen blank sets of real Green Mountain Coffee Beans (which I will gladly supply). I don't know squat about casting, but assume the best method for this would be under pressure to eliminate most air bubbles? Anyway, my time frame is very flexible as I am planning for December. I'd gladly pay the going rate for a couple sets of blanks. Anyone with an interest can post here or e-mail me.

Thanks

sbell111

I find it easier to cast stuff like beans without the tubes. Once it's cast, cut the block into blanks, drill and glue in tubes.

Top Bottom