Cocobolo on the wood splitter!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I bought some sections of Cocobolo with the centers missing. They were too large for the 14" bandsaw and too small for the bandsaw mill. What's a guy to do.?

Attachments

• splitter.jpg
    splitter.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 290
  • splitter1.jpg
    splitter1.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 352
  • splitter2.jpg
    splitter2.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 261
  • splitter3.jpg
    splitter3.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Trey

May be a bit before we see anything from those pieces, but I can see some gorgeous grain in them there bits! Outstanding buy IMHO!

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Just curious, how did cocobolo in that form show up in Vermont?

I bought it off an exotic wood dealer that travels to Mexico and deals direct with a sawmill. I never did hear how he was interested in it in it's form as it was. He has imported containers of Cocobolo that are fumigated before they enter the country. I believe those days are over as Cocobolo has come under some sort of protection-CITIES i believe.

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
It grows wild here in Vermont. We burn it to boil our sap.

-gary

I have seen his grilling pile. Enough to bring tears to us pen turners. And Cocobolo does burn very hot. Useless scraps only end up in the wood stove. They have a small fire in the shop burning scraps I have to look through when I visit. You never know what you may find there. Ebony, Bocote, the list goes on.

Cwalker935

-gary

I have seen his grilling pile. Enough to bring tears to us pen turners. And Cocobolo does burn very hot. Useless scraps only end up in the wood stove. They have a small fire in the shop burning scraps I have to look through when I visit. You never know what you may find there. Ebony, Bocote, the list goes on.

What? I am halfway to Gary's house in my pick-up with a load of seasoned white oak to trade for some of that cocobolo. You mean that he was pulling my leg?

vtgaryw

Oak I don't need. I'm building a band saw mill to harvest some of the 15,000 board fee I already have.

When the sap is flowing in the spring and my wood pile is gone like this past year, I will burn *anything* I can get my hands on.

-gary

-gary

What? I am halfway to Gary's house in my pick-up with a load of seasoned white oak to trade for some of that cocobolo. You mean that he was pulling my leg?

Top Bottom