Cobra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jallan

jallan

This is my homemade cast with Cobra skin ( skin is from chefware) and it is on a Satin Chrome Baron Kit. The blank was wet sanded to 12mm and polished with Hut Plastic polish. All comments are always welcome and thank you for looking.

Attachments

• DSC02754.jpg
    DSC02754.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC02756.jpg
    DSC02756.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC02757.jpg
    DSC02757.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jallan

Thanks for the information Seamus I will give it a try. Next one will be with Alumilite and not Silmar 41 Thanks again

seamus7227

Clapiana- Don't know how it cracked. It was not dropped.

gbpens- It is satin chrome

Thanks guys

two ways that i can think of that may have caused the crack. Pressing the components together too tight can cause that, especially in the area where it is apparent. and it could have also been from curing too fast(if that was the case.) I try to inspect all of my blanks under a lamp with direct light, because any imperfection will show up as a bright spot.(air being the "spot") While most "spots are not typically visible once turned down, depending on the several variables, that is one easy way to see them before any turning is done.

.....while im sure this is common sense, after you saturate it with thin CA, dont forget to sand a polish with MM to 12000 before you re-assemble the parts.:biggrin:

ghostrider

Next one will be with Alumilite and not Silmar 41 Thanks again

I cant wait to see that. I have been told that, while alumilite has a clear resin, the results are not as stunning as PR.
Eric cast my cobra in Silmar41. We bought it specifically because I had the cobra, as he normally uses Alumilite. I don't know what the Alumilite would look like, but thought the Simlar41 looked pretty good.

Top Bottom