Closed end with a twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

Phew it has been hot in Richmond and hot in the shop too. Just had to get in there and make a pen real quick though. Comments are welcome.

<center>

2006626191030_CTWIST2.jpg

2006626191111_ctwist3.jpg

</center>

Hope you like it,
Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Very nice, I really like the look of those rope twist pens. I may just have to get a Legacy mill. What kind of wood is that?

Chuck Key

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />One question though...why does the top twist the opposite way from the bottom?

Didn't think anyone would notice[:D] although the instructions did not indicate which direction to make the twists. Some say they should go to the left for right handers and to the right for left handers.

Gerryr and others:

The pen is made from crotch walnut and it is indeed made on a mini metal lathe.

Appreciate the kind comments.

Chuckie

davidrei

Although I must admit that I'm not all that keen on the cap twisting in a different direction from the body, this is a minor nit and I really like this pen. Many rope twist pens I've seen are made with a burl or spalted wood of some sort, which to my eye ends up looking too complicated (and frankly, looking like the southern remains of a north bound dog). You deftly avoided that by using a conservatively grained wood and you have a relatively squared off closed end. Kudos to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom