Closed End Rhodium Jr Retro Tuxedo Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

I have been working on this one for longer than I wanted to. The problem I had with this one was it came apart drilling it about 6 times and broke a section in the middle that was replaced by a section of home made Pr that was also used for the scallops. I used several different sized small diameter copper tubing again and filled them with Turquoise glitter from Coastal Scents. The Main body is Logwood and the light colored strip is Maple burl. The bands are thick gauge aluminum that I will probably not use again due to the great amount of heat that builds up from drilling causing debonding, and thin guage aluminum and brass. There are 10 coats of CA sanded and polished with scratch remover then fin scratch remover.
Any comments bad or good welcome. :usflag:

Attachments

• IMG_5416.jpg
    IMG_5416.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_5417.jpg
    IMG_5417.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5420.jpg
    IMG_5420.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5409.jpg
    IMG_5409.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

Great Segmenting, and congrats for sticking with it. It is a a little over whelming for me though, I have a had time focusing on the pen it's self because of all the different things to look at. I really do like to color combo though. This is just my 2 cents worth and that don't even buy a piece bubble gum. Thanks for sharing.

wiset1

I never get tired of your work! It's always amazing and inspires us all to try new things. Keep them coming

wizard

WOWWWW!!! That is awesome and inspirational. Your persistence paid off!! Great job and thanks for sharing. Regards, Doc

johncrane

Very nice Brian! a lot work and time gone into this pen, and having problems with the blank coming apart while drilling! there is an easy fix! well it works for me, wrap the whole blank in string then soak it with thin ca let it dry well then drill it out, also soak the inside in thin ca use a round file on the inside if the brass tube is too tight the string will hold it all together.

Top Bottom