Closed end Little Havanas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

gerryr

Well, not so little anymore. The first three are fountain pens with Lou's SF nibs and the last one is rollerball so it's really just a Havana.

200832133057_StreambedHavana1.jpg

200832133820_MidnightIceHavana.jpg

200832133852_WhiteWebHavana.jpg

200832133935_IndigoSwirlHavana1.jpg

Comments welcome and thanks to those who comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Gerry,as always your turning talent and photo skills are outstanding,I must be doing something wrong in my sales pitch I just can't sell closed end pens.BTW are those blanks from Pedigree?

Tanner

Very nice Gerry! Isure like the shape of your closed end. They're all excellent, but I really like that blue coloring of the last pen. Very classy!

karlkuehn

Banned
Beautiful work and photography. I like how you've got the front of the booth set up with a white reflector, keeps the metal parts from getting too many busy reflections. Some of the best photos I've ever seen! :)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Gerry, maybe it is just because I see the nib, but the second one is my favorite. They are are beautiful, especially with your flawless photogaphy, but I absolutely love the middle pen!

VisExp

Very stylish looking set of pens. I especially like the white and black pen.

Your photography continues to be an inspiration. Did you use your new lens to take these images?

pipeyeti

If you don't mind my asking what b;anks did you use for the first and the last pens. The first one looks sort of like one of the euro rod mateials from PSI. The last one is a beautiful blank. Nice group of pens.

avbill

For all you pen makers that are wishing to photograph your pens as Gerry has. Take a second and study Gerry's and Karl's pens ( the inlay gentleman's pen.

Photo tips.

Both ave placed their pen parallel to the film plain of the camera.

Both have even lighting across the pen

Both have used (set up) the white balance of their digital camera correctly.

It's not a mystery about photography go back and study the photos again

Bill Daniels

BTW you pen are A-1 tops!

igran7

Gerry your pens are top notch! Each one is beautiful in its own right, its hard to pick a fovorite & your closed end technique is perfect. Well done!!!!

gerryr

Thanks everyone. I will try to answer the questions.

Keith: No, I didn't use my new 180mm macro lens because I probably would have to set the camera up about 4-5 feet from the pen.[:0] I use my 55mm Micro-Nikkor for all the pen photos, much more convenient.

The third pen is White Web Tru Stone and the rest of the blanks are from Pedigree Woodcraft. The first one is called Stream Bed, the second is Midnight Ice and the last one is Indigo Swirl, but Ed has one that is very similar and less expensive.

Totally love them Gerry....You have made some awesome pens here...and this idea is on my schedule for 08 as soon as the shop warms up, I have a few roughed out that will look like this that I cut last fall, so be prepared..[8D]

I like your shapes and also your choices of materials...wonderful!

Top Bottom