Closed End Baron.....ANTLER!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micah

Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

O.K. guys! I still consider myself real new to this. I've been turning for about 6mths. now and although I have learned a whole lot from you guys and experience behind the lathe it still is VERY exciting when I really get something to come together exactly the way I have pictured.:D
This is a closed end Baron, Satin Nickle hardware, and Axis deer antler.[:p]
I had a hard time deciding between Titanium and Satin Nickle, but in the end I thought this may look better and draw more attention to the antler itself. What do y'all think?
As always...any suggestion, comments, and constructive critisism is greatly appreciated. I know that nothing is perfect and everything can be improved on, so feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks!!! I'm dedicating this one to all of you that have shared your experiences, good and bad, that have helped me along the way!

Micah

dsc014784se.jpg

dsc014818hk.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Micah, I love it! [^] Great job. And I think the Satin Nickel was the right choice between the two, but Platinum or Blacnk TN might have looked even better. You can dedicate that pen right into my mailbox. [:D]

Deere41h

Micah....What a great idea. I like it and it really turned out nicely. I just got a nice supply of antler. Hope you don't mind if I copy your idea. Thanks for sharing such a nice pen with us.

Dario

Micah,

That is a very nice pen and I do like it a lot. [^] The choice of finish is excellent.

I probably would prefer it a little thinner on the closed end. IMHO it might feel and look a bit better. [:D] It is personal preference though.

Pipes

Looks GREAT IMO I got a pile of antler I won on e bay a few yrs ago Iam gona have at I hope mine is half as good !! Na I didn't get mine shooting I hunted 24 yrs and quit I only got one shot at a buck and well !! He made a LOT a gran kids I shot so bad LOL....

http://affordablepipes.com/

gerryr

Great work! I wish I had some antler that was straight enough to do that. Where did you get the axis antler? I want to get some but so far have not any luck getting a response from the only person I know of that sells it.[:(]

nilsatcraft

I'm not typically a huge fan of the Antler but I love this pen. It looks great and I really like how the closed end section is not too long- it's a great length. Nice work, Micah!

micah

First off...Thanks to everyone that has replied!
I will try to answer everything that anyone has asked or responded about, but if I miss anything...just email me![:D]
You can dedicate that pen right into my mailbox.
alamocdc, You wish!!![:0][;)]
Hope you don't mind if I copy your idea.
Deere41h, Copy away! Most of the things that I do are directly from other peoples work or variations. I'm not afraid to say that, because we definantly have some really good crafters here that are worthy of a little idea theft.[:0][;)]
Fine looking, and it took an Arkansan to do it.
Rifleman, Enough said! [^][^][^]
Where did you get the axis antler?
gerryr, I actually make some predator calls also, and in doing so I met a guy that makes them out of antler. Luckily I was able to talk him out of a few scraps that he had. Unfortunantly, These were the only ones big enough for this style pen. Believe me I was sweating while it was on the drill press!!!

Again, thanks to everyone that has taken the time so far to give a response!
On another note...if someone knows how to insert the authors name into the quote, I'd sure like some instructions.[;)]
Micah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom