Closed and capped slim line

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from johncrane

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncrane

l was inspired by skiprat's capped pen' thank you mate. Anyway l thought l would make one a little different, one with a closed end and a recessed clip' it worked out ok l think its a lot of work for a s/line, a pen l will put in my own collection. l don't think you would buy a capped slim line,just my thought's. What are your's

2007410235032_100_2280.jpg

2007410235046_100_2289.jpg

200741023511_100_2308.jpg

its_virgil

John,
A great idea and execution. I like the look...like it a lot. I agree, it is a lot of work for a slimline, but what if you replaced the refill with a rollerball or jell ink refill? It wouldn't even need to twist...just remove the cap. You've made a classy looking pen. I don't think I've seen this done with a slimline before.
Do a good turn dialy!
Don
Originally posted by johncrane
<br />l was inspired by skiprat's capped pen' thank you mate. Anyway l thought l would make one a little different, one with a closed end and a recessed clip' it worked out ok l think its a lot of work for a s/line, a pen l will put in my own collection. l don't think you would buy a capped slim line,just my thought's. What are your's?

gerryr

My thoughts about a capped SL like that are that it would be the first thing to sell at a show. Beautiful work, John and very innovative.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I really like it! You gonna tell us how to make one? I think it's well worth the time and effort. Brings the s/l up to a whole other level.

its_virgil

Jim,
I'm guessing the threads are from another kit. The large tube on the right (cap) has a coupler on it that is ground down to the tube's OD. That's what it looks like to me...but I'm probably wrong. the two threaded parts appear to have been robbed from the CSUSA executive fountain pen or rollerball kit. How close am I John? I love the pen, as you well know...seems that all of us do.
Do a good turn daily!'
Don
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />OK John, quit holding out on us! Inquiring minds want to know what you used for the threads!!!!

JimGo

I think one of our other Aussie members needs to go pay John a visit and tell him to respond to this thread! It's a small country, after all - y'all live close to each other, right? [:D]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very well done John. That is really great. You managed to get a perfect balanced shaped size to it as well. Now you have to spill the beans and show us how you did it. Good on yer mate!!!![:D]

johncrane

Hi every one l am very sorry that l have not responded too all the wonderful remarks thank you very much my reason for the very slow response is my mate and his wife are visiting from Tasmania for a few days, so once they head off home l will get my notes together with some photos to help out' so cheers for now and thanks again. john

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Now that is a modified SlimLine. It is a beautiful pen. You done good.

The limits of what can be done with a SlimLine kit keep rising. Makes me wonder why anyone would want to buy any other kit.

Draken

Originally posted by johncrane
<br />I don't think you would buy a capped slim line,just my thought's.

Pen looks great! As for buying a capped slimline, how many BIC pens are sold each year, and most of them have caps. I just saying...

Minor nit, at least for me, is the brass threads don't match the rest of the hardware. It would be better if they were black or chrome to better match the rest of the pen. Otherwise, great job.

johncrane

Well guys/girls your response and remarks has really been overwhelming for me and l would like to thank you all very much.Now My visitors have gone home l will put together a tutorial after all the request for one. When its done l will send it to Jeff so he can give it the final OK. the only thing is it will take some time too get it done with all the other little interruptions we get' so be patient with me,as its is my first time tutorial,once again l thank you all very much for your thoughts and comments as it means a lot to me John[:D]

JimGo

John...stop posting, quit dilly-dallying, and get to work on that tutorial! [:D]

seriously, I'm sure it will be a pain - but thanks in advance for any info you're willing to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom